The Client is a wholesale company supplying food, drink & catering equipment mainly to the restaurant & catering industry in the UK, Sweden & France. It provides merchandising, inventory management & contract logistical services to corporate, national & independent channels. This private-equity owned organisation had decided to launch a major business & IT transformation program to deliver a next generation platform to grow the business and integrate the multiple brands & business units acquired over the past 12 years. The program included an SAP driven transformation program covering business process, IT applications, infrastructure & networks.
- Originally a family owned company that had grown via acquisition to a £2bn turnover
- Although the acquired brands remained within the market-place, the acquired companies had been stitched together rather than properly integrated
- The last 7 years had seen a previously failed business transformation program and little investment in IT
- The business strategy sought to deliver significant growth, introduce new products & services to enable market differentiation, and innovation
- The disparate legacy technology across the organisation was struggling to support the current operation, let alone growth – information was poor & untrustworthy