This client is a start-up company within the Bio research arena. Their vision is for the UK to be a global leader in the development, delivery & commercialisation of their chosen technology. This includes: taking products into clinical trial; de-risking them for further investment; providing clinical expertise and access to NHS clinical partners; providing technical expertise and infrastructure to ensure products can be made to GMP and delivered cost effectively; providing regulatory expertise to ensure that products can get to the clinic safely in the shortest time; providing opportunities for collaboration, nationally and globally; and providing access to business expertise, grants and investment finance so that commercially viable products are progressed and investable propositions generated. As a fast growing organisation, they needed a simple and efficient system to support their rudimentary business processes yet provide them with enough latitude to support the agile way that the organisation was evolving.
- Fast growing organisation – from 0 to 70 employees in 12 months
- Restricted availability of business resource to define a target operating model
- Focus on doing business not implementing IT systems
- Very little IT support and no application support
- New and evolving business processes
- Limited ERP usage experience within key areas of the business